Important takeaways (with useful links):
- Novices in a particular area often struggle with knowing where to start/what is important/how to troubleshoot, because they lack a working mental model.
- Taking frequent breaks and avoiding exhaustion/sleep deprivation are important to productivity.
- Also important to learning: frequent, formative feedback.
- Experts in a particular area are often not great at teaching in that area, because they don't need to reason through problems (anymore).
- Especially in programming, having authentic tasks with tangible artifacts (e.g. a plot) will increase learner retention.